Photographer Ansel Adams immortalized Yosemite National Park through his classic black & white images. His images pushed the popularity of landscape photography while helping to motivate the American environmental movement. Through the course of the class, you will visit a number of locations from where Ansel composed some of his most famous images. At each location, you will have the opportunity to see the same image through your lens and work more in-depth with the scene around you. You will receive insight into Ansel's life, photography and philosophies as well as basic lessons in photographic technique.
- Dates: Offered every Tuesday and Saturday from 1:00-5:00 PM (NOTE: To sign up for a class within 48 hours of class date, please call the Gallery at 209-372-4413 to reserve confirmed space.)
- Location: Yosemite National Park
- Level: Beginner to Intermediate
- Class Limit: 10
- This is a field oriented class, allowing the participants the opportunity to photograph in beautiful Yosemite Valley. Participants will spend 4 hours out in the field walking to different locations. The class usually walks 2-3 miles on flat, mostly paved paths.
- Tuition: $95.00 Per Person
- For questions and further information on this photography class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (209) 372-4413.
4-hour Photography Class Cancellation Policy: We understand that sometimes things come up and the best laid plans go awry. If you Cancel your class more than 7 days in advance, you will be refunded in full for the class. If you cancel your class less than 7 days but more than 24 hours before the class starts, we will refund your money, minus a non-refundable charge equal to 15% of the cost of your class. Refunds cannot be made for no-shows or cancellations within the 24 hour time period. If you are concerned about this possibility, please purchase a little travel insurance. A little can go a long way. Class payments are fully transferable to another individual for the same scheduled class if you choose to withdraw your registration. If The Ansel Adams Gallery needs to cancel the class for any reason, your payment will be refunded in full. However, we simply can’t be responsible for non-refundable airline tickets or lodging reservations. Please do not purchase non-refundable airline tickets or make non-refundable deposits on lodging for the sole purpose of attending the class.
Attendees under the age of 18 need to have a parent or legal guardian present at the beginning of each class to sign a waiver of liability form.
The Ansel Adams Gallery is an authorized concessioner of the National Park Service.