Ansel Adams is known for his artistry in what has become known as Landscape Photography. He also contributed to advancing the technical aspects of bringing this artistry to light. In this class, you will learn some of Ansel’s important innovations to photography and how they relate to your modern digital camera. This class is designed to instill more confidence in digital image capture, including understanding the histogram and fixing exposure problems. The foundations of the camera are also discussed: Aperture, shutter speed, and ISO; their light gathering and/or creative values. Our goal is to improve your technical camera proficiency while learning how important historical elements of Ansel’s photographic career are still relevant in modern digital photography.
- Dates: Offered on Mondays & Wednesdays from 1:00-5:00 PM. (NOTE: To sign up for a class within 48 hours of class date, please call the Gallery at 209-372-4413 to reserve confirmed space).
- Location: Yosemite National Park
- Level: Beginner to Intermediate
- Class Limit: 10
- This is a field oriented class, allowing the participants the opportunity to photograph in beautiful Yosemite Valley. Participants will spend 4 hours out in the field walking to different locations. The class usually walks 2-3 miles on flat, mostly paved paths.
- Tuition: $95.00 Per Person
- For questions and further information on this photography class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (209) 372-4413
4-hour Photography Class Cancellation Policy: We understand that sometimes things come up and the best laid plans go awry. If you Cancel your class more than 7 days in advance, you will be refunded in full for the class. If you cancel your class less than 7 days but more than 24 hours before the class starts, we will refund your money, minus a non-refundable charge equal to 15% of the cost of your class. Refunds cannot be made for no-shows or cancellations within the 24 hour time period. If you are concerned about this possibility, please purchase a little travel insurance. A little can go a long way. Class payments are fully transferable to another individual for the same scheduled class if you choose to withdraw your registration. If The Ansel Adams Gallery needs to cancel the class for any reason, your payment will be refunded in full. However, we simply can’t be responsible for non-refundable airline tickets or lodging reservations. Please do not purchase non-refundable airline tickets or make non-refundable deposits on lodging for the sole purpose of attending the class.
Attendees under the age of 18 need to have a parent or legal guardian present at the beginning of each class to sign a waiver of liability form.
The Ansel Adams Gallery is an authorized concessioner of the National Park Service.